About Me

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Aspirin+coffee+H20= Hangover Game Plan

Currently, while I write this, I am drinking Angry Orchard. Who knows how I'll be feeling when I wake up. So I figured, in case I need help tomorrow, I would write this blog to remind myself how to take care of a hangover.

(Before you judge too much- it is finals week.)

I have actually had a stroke of luck, in that I have never once had a real tough hangover. But I have definitely had friends who have, and though we may not admit it publicly, I'm sure many of us had a rough encounter with a roommate and alcohol. And sometimes it can be really really frustrating. But if you can remember the acronym CAW than you can help take care of any lingering alcoholic influences that occur.

Coffee
Aspirin
Water

Here's the thing about drinking: its not a bad thing inherently. Heck, even Jesus drank wine to celebrate. But it can get out of hand, and when it does, you need to be careful. Drinking too much is not only extremely unhealthy for you, but it is unfair to the people you live with. I don't know about you, but I have no desire to clean up after a person who is so wasted that they have made themselves sick. CAW can be a trick you use for yourself, but it can also be used to help alleviate the potential aftermath issues of the "the morning after".

If your roommate ever does come home super drunk, encourage them to eat food, drink lots of water, and make them time some aspirin. This simple three step process can take what could have been a disaster of a morning, to a very manageable one. Coffee stimulates the brain, wakes your body up, and the caffeine counters the drosiness of alcohol. Aspirin takes care of the headache, even before it happens. Water... well... its water. Duh. But it genuinely does reduce the negative affects of alcohol.

Next time you take that third beer, or go for the next cocktail, remember that your roommates have to live with you when you get home. Be considerate, don't make them deal with a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment